"Before you sign legal forms or speak with an insurance adjuster or give your recorded statement, make sure to educate yourself thoroughly. You must understand what you are signing, why you need to do this, who is going to see that information and how long will it be kept and where. Even though you have nothing to hide, no one else needs to have a free access to your personal records any time they feel like it." - Personal Injury Attorney Bart Herron
- FREE Consultation
- NO Win NO Fee
- Appointment Flexibility
- Caring, Dedicated Service
- We Travel to You If You Are Disabled
- Secure Client/Attorney Portal 24/7
There are several types of damages to which you are entitled in a motor vehicle crash caused by another party:
- Medical expenses: physical therapy, doctors’ visits, ambulance fees, in home services, permanent disability – past, current and future.
- Lost wages: A car accident can cause you to lose ability to earn a living. This may include your inability to work due to doctors’ appointments, time spent in the hospital, problems with physically doing your job and more. You are often entitled to lost wages both in the past and future, which need to be calculated precisely, usually by a personal injury attorney.
- Pain and suffering: This is for the mental and physical distress of your injuries. This is usually calculated with a multiplier by the insurance company, which will multiply your actual economic damages by a factor of anywhere from 1.5 to 4, depending upon the circumstances.
- Loss of affection or companionship: Your injuries could affect your ability to show affection or be a companion to your partner. This is also referred to as loss of consortium. These types of losses are claimed by the uninjured partner. These types of damages are common when the car accident victim dies and the surviving partner files a wrongful death lawsuit.
Which of these damages you are entitled to depends upon the exact circumstances of the accident. We recommend that you at least speak to a personal injury attorney at no cost after a serious accident. This is especially true if you have suffered substantial physical injuries.
The majority of car accident lawyers charge their clients on a contingency basis. Unlike most attorneys in other fields (such as immigration, tax and criminal defense), car accident attorneys usually will not get paid any fees unless you recover money in the lawsuit. So, your attorney does not get paid unless you do – they actually get paid a percentage of what you win. Most Oregon personal injury attorneys will charge 33% total sum recovered.
Who We Are
In 1998, Bart started as a sole practitioner providing legal services to the Oregon City area community.
Herron Law has now expended to all communities in Oregon and provides expert legal
representation in the areas of personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death claims, pedestrian accidents, dog bites claims, Criminal Code charges as well as serious Highway Traffic Act charges.
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below to receive a free consultation on your case.
NO WIN. NO FEE.
YOU PAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLESS
WE WIN YOUR CASE.
Honors and Awards
I referred a complicated medical malpractice case to Jackson & Wilson in my first year of law practice.The firm kept me up-to-date on its status and very promptly paid the referral fee upon settlement of the case.The situation was a win-win-win for everyone!I trust Jackson & Wilson with any and all of my future referrals.
I just wanted to thank you, once again, for all the hard work and time that was spent on our case throughout the years. In my very honest opinion, I have always felt that you had all of our best interest at heart. So on behalf of my son John Doe and myself, I want to whole-heartedly Thank-You for being a very Caring and Compassionate Human Being…. U ROCK!!!! Lol…