Call or Text NOW - 503-367-0829
Call or Text NOW - 503-367-0829

Damages After Car Accident

There are several types of damages to which you are entitled after a car accident caused by another party.

Two main categories are Economic damages & Non-Economic damages should be included in the settlement.

Economic Damages

  • Medical expenses (past and future): physical therapy, doctors’ visits, ambulance fees, in-home services, permanent disability – past, current, and future.
  • Lost wages (past and future): a car accident can cause you to lose the ability to earn a living. This may include your inability to work due to doctors’ appointments, time spent in the hospital, problems with physically doing your job and more. You are often entitled to lost wages both in the past and future, which need to be calculated precisely, usually by a personal injury attorney.

Non-Economic Damages

  • Pain and suffering: This is for the mental and physical distress of your injuries. This is usually calculated with a multiplier by the insurance company, which will multiply your actual economic damages by a factor of anywhere from 1.5 to 4, depending upon the circumstances.
  • Loss of affection or companionship: Your injuries could affect your ability to show affection or be a companion to your partner. This is also referred to as loss of consortium. These types of losses are claimed by the uninjured partner. These types of damages are common when the car accident victim dies and the surviving partner files a wrongful death lawsuit.

Which of these damages you are entitled to depend upon the exact circumstances of the accident. We recommend that you at least speak to a car accident personal injury attorney at no cost after a serious accident. This is especially true if you have suffered substantial physical injuries.

We are OPEN. It only takes 9 sec to dial us for help.

Text Us: 503-367-0829.

For the last 21 years, Herron Law has been dedicated to protecting the rights of injured Oregonians. We never represent insurance companies or powerful corporations. Please call our Portland Law Office (Lake Oswego location) today at 503-699-6496 for a Free case review.

How would you like to contact us?