Wrongful Death attorney will claim under Oregon Wrongful Death Statutes the following damages:
- Payments for medical costs that were administered before the victim died
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income for those who were financially dependent upon the deceased. This is an estimated amount and requires testimony from an expert economist.
- Compensation to the spouse and children
- Loss of companionship, loss of care, love, guidance, and advice
- Punitive damages are possible if it is proven that the conduct leading to the death was reckless. These damages are designed to punish reckless behavior. They usually are awarded in cases where the judge or jury wants to ‘send a message’ that extremely reckless behavior will not be tolerated in Oregon. DUI cases where the driver was well over the legal limit of .08 BAC is one type of case where punitive damages could apply. Punitive damages can be awarded in a wrongful death action even if there has been a criminal conviction for the homicide case.
How Do You Prove Economic Damages After Wrongful Death In Oregon?
- Past Tax Returns
- Health Insirance Benefits
- Charitable Contrubutions
- Employment records and earnings
- Education records
- Employee benefits
- Past medical records
How Do You Prove Non-Economic Damages After Wrongful Death In Oregon?
- Through family members and friends
- With help from doctors and economists
- Through co-workers and bosses
- Hobbies, photos, videos, posts, etc
“I don’t have much money to pay for lawyers but I need to know if I can start a wrongful death claim. Where do I get more information?”Many good wrongful death lawyers offer Free Case Evaluation or Free Consultation.
Contact any good attorney, including our wrongful death lawyer Bart Herron by
calling or texting your questions to 503-367-0829.
Contact Wrongful Death Lawyer for Oregon, Washington, California now: