You Call Us or Text US Right NOW!
You Call Us or Text US Right NOW!

Reckless Hit and Run Driver

Whats Happened

Oregon State Police were dispatched to a reckless driver hit and run car accident on Aug. 1 at 10:35 AM on Highway 101 north of North Bend. The person who reported the car accident said they were stopped at a red light on Highway 101 when they were hit from behind. The suspect vehicle was a Dodge 1500 pickup. It accelerated and tried to push the vehicle into the intersection.

No one was injured and the pickup continued to drive north on Highway 101. The state police later received reports of the Dodge near the city of Florence, where it had hit several more cars and injured one man who was taken to the hospital. The police eventually located the driver, Kevin Simpson, 47. He was taken to the local jail for a hit and run, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and criminal mischief.

Hit and Run Cases in Oregon

If you are injured by a hit and run driver in Oregon, this can be more frustrating than normal car accidents. The first thing to keep in mind is that you should report the accident to your own auto insurance company. Your hit and run injuries will be handled under your policy’s uninsured motorist coverage. This coverage ensures your injuries and property damage are covered if you are hit by a driver who does not have auto insurance or flees the scene.

What To Do

When you report the accident to your insurance company, there are some important requirements to ensure that the accident is covered:

  • File a police report. As soon as the hit and run accident occurs, call the police and file a police report. Your insurance company will want to see the police report for proof of the hit and run crash.
  • Find any witnesses you can who saw the hit and run. Insurance companies may be skeptical of your hit and run crash without eyewitness testimony. Look for any witnesses at the scene and get their contact information.
  • There needs to be vehicle damage. Your auto insurance provider will take a look at your car to see that there was indeed an accident. If you do not have significant damage to your vehicle, you probably do not have a case.

Eventually, the police may find the hit and run driver, as occurred in the story above. In that case, you can file a claim with their auto insurance policy. The insurance company should pay for your personal injuries and car repairs. Your auto insurance provider may eventually attempt to collect compensation from the other driver’s insurance provider.

Whats Is Next

If you have been involved in a hit and run accident in Oregon, talk to The Herron Law Firm right away. We can help you get compensation for your accident injuries from the other driver if he is found. You could be eligible for pain and suffering compensation in addition to funds for your past and future medical bills, lost earnings, and property damage.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Contact Me For “FREE IN-DEPTH” Case Evaluation NOW:

Time Might Be Limited. Don’t Delay!


    If You are a doctor or a practicing medical professional and would like to refer a case to our attorney, please reach out directly by phone 24/7 at 503-367-0829.


    If You are an attorney and would like to refer a case to our attorney Bart Herron, please reach out directly by phone 24/7 at 503-367-0829.