On Aug. 30, 2020, Subaru WRX with Rocky Loring, 19, was traveling N. Rebecca Spaulding, 36, was walking in the lane of travel. The pedestrian suffered fatal injuries.
Hit By a Car in Oregon? File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Many pedestrians are injured and killed by drivers in Oregon every year. Some of these accidents turn out to be the pedestrian’s fault. It appears to be the case above. However, many serious pedestrian accidents are caused by driver error. If you are injured by a car driver in Oregon, you have the right to file a claim for your injuries with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney.
How Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help
There are two ways that a pedestrian accident attorney at The Herron Law Firm can help:
- By filing an auto insurance claim with the driver’s car insurance. Our pedestrian accident attorney will negotiate a fair settlement based on your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement, we will file a personal injury claim against the driver and his insurance company in civil court.
What Should Happen
For either of these avenues to be successful, your pedestrian accident lawyer must show the driver was negligent in the accident. You also must show that the driver caused your injuries. The Herron Law Firm will look for evidence possible to show the driver was negligent. Examples:
- Pictures of the crash scene, including pictures of your injuries and property damage.
- The police report for the accident
- Medical records from your doctor detailing your injuries and treatments
- Witness statements
- Any bills or documents that show your damages and costs from the accident
Car Insurance and Pedestrain Accidents
A good pedestrian accident lawyer knows that their clients might suffer severe injuries.
However, most insurance companies will offer you a low settlement at first. Their primary task is to pay as little on pedestrian accident claims as possible. If they can, they might even attempt to blame you partially for the accident to lower your settlement.
Most good pedestrian accident lawyers know the tricks insurance companies play. Therefore, most lawyers will work to get you the best settlement possible. We never take the first offer; we know that the insurance company will offer more if pressed by a skilled attorney.
Driver Has No Insurance
The other option is to tap your own uninsured driver insurance policy. Our pedestrian accident lawyers will not always need to take the driver to court. It really helps to have an experienced attorney working with you. The insurance companies know that Herron Law Firm has the skill and experience to often obtain more money if the case goes to a jury.
What To Do
Please contact The Herron Law Firm today if you were injured in a pedestrian accident.